Linear Position Sensors
Linear Position Sensors are available in potentiometer and magnetostrictive
configurations. Your Southwest Heater and Controls representative can
help you determine the best sensor for your application.
- Measurement of absolute position: when the system is switched
on, the transducer immediately gives the real position without
having to run mechanical repositioning.
- Life: from 100 million strokes of potentiometric transducers to
practically unlimited for magnetostrictive transducers, thanks to
the lack of
contact between the transducer and the cursor.
- High resolution of output signal: from practically infinite for
potentiometers to 2??for magnetostrictive transducers.
- Easy installation and simple connection to most commercially
available instruments and PLCs.
- Ability to simultaneously control multiple cursors with the
same transducer and provide shift speed (MK4/IK4-C in CANopen and
MK4/IK2P in Profibus
from 1 to 4 cursors.
- Analog MK4-A up to a maximum of two cursors. Multicursor in digital
model MK4-D Start&Stop).
- Sensors guaranteed up to 5 years (model MK4)
- Medical - bone densitometers
- Auto Industry – crash testing
- Oil – pump jacks
- Water management – irrigation and flood control
Products Services Suppliers Literature Support
Us Contact Us
10610 Control Place
Dallas, Texas 75238
Copyright © 1999-
Southwest Heater & Controls
All rights reserved